Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Turn 'off' a relay using alarm clock...(help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bd13

i want to be able to turn off a relay when an alarm clock goes off, meaning that the relay is defaultly on and is wired so it is a latching relay (relay is a SPDT). i have been thinking about this but i don't know how to make the alarm clock turn off a relay, i need to use the speaker of the clock to do this and that pulses on and off. all i need is a circuit that will disrupt the current holding the relay on for a second (not literally) when the alarm goes off, this will turn the relay off and due to no power to turn it back on it will stay off. thanks in advance.

There has to be a switch in the clock that turns on the alarm. That switch can operate another normally closed relay that is in series with the relay you want to turn off. Turning off one turns off the other.

thats not what i mean, when the alarm goes off (starts to beep) i want the relay to turn off, i dont know how hooking another relay upto the alarm's on/off will do that.

You could Make a Vox switch to trigger a latching relay and use the reset to change it back.

Attachments

• vox2.gif
    vox2.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 448
  • latching_relay_2_131.gif
    latching_relay_2_131.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 567
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back