Turbo C compiler for windows 7 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wond3rboy

Hi, i just bought a new laptop ( ), a DELL inspiron 64 bit machine but the sad thing is that i cant find a copy of Turbo C that runs on it. Does any body know where can i find it?. Didn't know where to put this up so put it here.

Thanks.

I wonder if you could run it under a DOS emulator (heck, I wonder if such a thing exists for Windows 7; DOS software still has a large following of users)...

I wonder if you could run it under a DOS emulator (heck, I wonder if such a thing exists for Windows 7; DOS software still has a large following of users)...

Even if you could, Turbo C (and Turbo Pascal) were never updated for faster processors - although there was a patch you could use to repair the faulty EXE files. Checking back on my website, it says that it was Pentium II processors where the speed became a problem.

What kind of problems crop up? I stopped messing with Windows back in late-1990s - and even then I wasn't playing around with Turbo C. I am not even sure I still have a copy; I'm just curious, I guess...

Hi Nigel and Crosh,

I have a copy of Turbo C++ running on windows 7 32-bit that came with an HP machine i bought. It ofcourse runs in a DOS environment. What i meant was that i could be installed on a machine having windows. The problem is with this new machine which is an Icore 5 64 bit( huge software problems).

Last edited:
I've seen 64bit server machines that have multimedia software compatibility problems when modified for personal usage.

Same reason, currently I can't even imagine about a 64bit personal laptop..

I'm not sure whether Win7 support dos programs, but I'd use a dualboot with Win7+Xp for TurboC -of course on a latest 32bit.

Do you meant Turbo C?, did they ever make Turbo C++? - I'm doubtful that it would run under 64 bit windows, not much seems to.

But really, what are you wanting to write DOS programs for? - DOS is long dead and gone.

Presumably there are 64 bit Windows compilers, for C/C++?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…