Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tube Amps for Multisim ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you need a simulator?, valve amps are crude and simple - just checkout the many examples on the Internet.

I would suggest you start off with an output transformer, that's probably the most crucial (and expensive) part.

Why build a valve amp anyway?, or do you mean a valve guitar amp?.

Simulating something like that is an insult to a tube! You gotta try! Every tube has it's own personality, and you might tick one off. Then it gets really nasty.

lol

Yeah a "lamp amp" for guitar. Well I was thinking of having a reference in multisim instead of only PDF schematics..

I currently have a transistor guitar amp.. the signal is like linear and a real tube amp the Sin is beautifully real... I'm really looking foward to trying that 'feel' . My friend and I are gonna try to build one this semester as a side project during a practice course.

We won't replicate a 65' Twin Reverb but we might come up with something cool :D even if it sounds dirty (i'll make a video playing a little tune on it when it's done but it might take a couple of months).

You guys ever build one?

Last edited:
Simulating something like that is an insult to a tube! You gotta try! Every tube has it's own personality, and you might tick one off. Then it gets really nasty.

I knew it! Tubes have feelings too. I once saw a 6L6 cry and many times I saw tube plates turn red with what I think was embarrasment. :)

Ron

It's hot enough you might even get some flames when the air rushes in you might even get some anger as the air rushes in and the plate combusts =)

Also, don't forget when we ran a pair of metal 6L6s inverted in a pan of water for cooling...

Also, don't forget when we ran a pair of metal 6L6s inverted in a pan of water for cooling...

Man, those suckers did get hot didn't they. :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back