Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TTP Substitute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wond3rboy

Hi every one,barely back from Christmass?I found a nice way of getting a ckt from the printer to the PCB.Here it is:

Parts:

Transparencies
UHU Glue Stick(your normal one)
Scissors
A4 Printer Paper

Process:

First print your ckt on the transparency,cut out the ckt,cut out an equal piece of A4 paper and stick it on the back side of the transparency(the front side being the ckt side).Put it on your PCB and iron it(I did it for 4-5 minutes).It will stick to the board.Put it in water and scrape it from the sides(Dont try to rip it apart from the center,it will break the tracks).

This way proved better then the TTP i got here(It costs USD3.75).Its not from pulsar.

Any one try it give reviews.

PS:It gets the work done.I only done it once.Will try it aain after holiday since every thing is closed.

Last edited:
I have tried that method and it is still not as easy as the picture (gloss magazine) paper method mentioned here "many times before".

You also needed to mention that you are using a laser printer or copier machine with toner as many people have ink-jet printers.

The glossy paper method works "very" well as long as you take your time with ironing the toner on the CLEAN copper and soaking the paper off in no rush.

I tried one magazine paper and it drank ink like a foam!I used papers from readers digest,Weekend and many more but the magazine printed here are just of poor paper quality.I will try to if i can get that.This was just for other people like me!

I am using a Laser Printer 600dpi.

Last edited:
Are you talking about a very thin paper?Very smooth?I think that paper is called Butter Paper over here!

In a nutshell: I use glossy paper (or certain picture papers), it does not seem to hurt the laser printer as I have done many boards. It irons right on the copper. I have found clean, clean copper and 3-4 minutes of good heat penetration all over the board, edges too. I fold a paper towel and iron though the paper towel. Let it cool, then soak it in warm water, let it sit (plenty of time here), peels right off. Little finger scrubbing. Sharpie touchup if needed. I have made many boards this way with no problems.

When you say sucks up the ink? You can not do this with a standard ink-jet printer. Also on the magazine paper I had trouble way back as it was too thin, but the UK I think has thicker paper. I think it was Hero999 that was using it. Just must US magazine paper is too thin.

If you search the forum there are many threads on it. All seem to all be the same process but some little tips in there, like let the board cool, clean copper really good and wipe it with chemical, and warm water when you soak it. I tried to include all that in this post, but do a search there are lots of threads on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back