Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TTl clock signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you mean a 1 MHz crystal.

You configure the counters in sequence to divide by 1,000,000 and drive them with the clock. It requires 6 chips for the counter if you set each as a decade (divide by 10) counter.

you mean i need six divide by ten counter here(7490 ic decade counter), i want to simplify this with just crystal and two is there another method for that

If you start with 1.0 MHz (1,000,000 Hz) and you want 1.0 Hz then you need to divide by 1,000,000 and since you are using 7490 BCD Decade Counters each counter would be configured to divide by 10. That is as good as it gets using 7490 counters so yes, you need six counters. There are other chips that could be used but with using 7490 chips you need six. Exactly as crutschow mentioned.

Ron

Last edited:
i get it ,but i want to know if there is more than decade counter hundred for example
the fix thing for me is to use crystal(any value) and a counter (any) to build a simple 1hz output signal

There are some multiple decade counters in a single package, both TTL and CMOS. Here is a dual-decade

Last edited:
i get it ,but i want to know if there is more than decade counter hundred for example
the fix thing for me is to use crystal(any value) and a counter (any) to build a simple 1hz output signal
Using a 32768Hz crystal (as mentioned above) and a 4060 will give you a 2Hz output. You can use another flip flop IC or a 555 to divide this again by 2 to obtain the 1Hz output you wanted.

Another choice is a CD4045 which will give a 1Hz output with a 2.097152MHz crystal.

That will work fine. Just use a flip flop now to divide by 2 and you have your 1 Hz.

Ron

How about a small Pic 8pins with a 32.768KHz (or with the internal clock for less precision) , ... and in bonus you get at least few output pins to do somethings fun or strange :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back