Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TTL and Counting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

i need to desin a counter using a T flip flip , could you tell me please which TTL ic contains 3 or 4 T Flip-Flops ?

You can use 74LS74 there are (only) 2 independent D flip-flops. There is also 74LS175 which has 4 D flip-flops but all their clock inputs are connected together so if you down't want that you cannot use this one. But there are also ready-made counter ICs for example 74LS93 or 74LS161/163, or 74LS193 ...

but i need T flip flop , not D flip flop....

i cannot use the ready made ones , because this for a tutorial purpose.

So you can use a JK flip flop and connect J and K together to get the "T" input ... 74LS73, 74LS76 ....

please i have a question , while i'm designing the counter , i faced the following problem ,

i have just three T flip flops with three outputs , if i need to display the output on 7 segment so i used 7447 seven segment driver ,

but i have A,B,C,D....

where to connect the final one D ........because i just have A,B,C

watzmann said:
please i have a question , while i'm designing the counter , i faced the following problem ,

i have just three T flip flops with three outputs , if i need to display the output on 7 segment so i used 7447 seven segment driver ,

but i have A,B,C,D....

where to connect the final one D ........because i just have A,B,C

Connect 'D' to 0volts.

There is no such thing as a dedicated T-flip-flop. It is a pedagogical abstraction. As has already been mentioned you can construct one from a JK flip-flop which you seemed OK with. It may be worth mentioning that you can do the same thing with a D-flip-flop which you dismissed out of hand. To make a "T" out of a "D" you connect "Q-BAR" to "D" and clock away.

I'm really curious about why this happened. Did you really think there was such a thing as a T-flip-flop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back