Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

trying to work this relay out (FRA7TA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneshane1

Hi i have a 20A 12V SPST PCB mount relay, and i can't seem to get the thing to work, would someone be able to tell me what wires go where an what current supply i need for the "switching"?

my supply voltage is 12V, i think my "load" connects to the top pins?

Attachments

• relay.PNG
    relay.PNG
    8.5 KB · Views: 366
It means you supply the 12V to pins 1 & 2 on the PC board side and the 160Ω coil will operate normally drawing 75ma of current when energized. The contacts are pins 3 & 4 on the top of the relay going to the load. When the relay energizes, the normally open contacts will close.

EDIT: To be clear, the 12V goes to one side of the relay coil and the common to the other side of the coil. The load contacts are in series with the load.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back