Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to identify TV components..

Status
Not open for further replies.

notauser

I was harvesting, and came across something.. There are quite a few of them on the neck-board, on the pcb they are labeled Ennnn, they are small beige 2-lead plastic packages that have a very small slit in the middle that penetrates about 1/2 way to the bottom of the package, and a green line on one side of the slit.. They seem to have infinite resistance in both directions, don't seem to be set up in L/C configurations, if not for the >20M resistance I'd think they were some kind of jumpers..

Last edited:
A picture is worth 1000 words =)

I don't have a camera handy, and I figure since alot of ppl have TV experience to some the question will be as simple as if I asked about a cylinder with 4 colored bands..

I was assuming that actually.. Even with 30x magnification though I can't get a clear look into the gap..
The plastic is similar to what a much larger, definate spark gap on the main board was manufactured from..
The green stripe confuses me.. It really seems like a polarity marker, but I just broke one apart, and the leads merely go in and terminate across the gap which can't be more than a mil or two..
Thanks..

the green stripe might be green for 5, as in 500V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back