Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to identify a part...

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkerbeder

Hi all,

I'm looking for "lyt 47uf 20% 25v rad tr" it's a surface mount capacitor, and I just plain can't make heads or tails of it. It starts with 'LYT" which, I thought stood for electrolytic, but the ones it's replacing are in no way marked for polarity, theyr'e just the normal brown 'chicklet' stule guys. Anyway, if anyone could help me figure out what you call these things, so I can get some ordered, that'd be the most helpful... I just plain can't navigate through mouser's menu tree to find the right ones...

Thanks again!!!

-Parker

Aggreed, but though the designation in the Bill Of Materials says 'LYT' the actual caps on the board that need to be replaced are the tiny, single colored, unpolarized surface mount type. What are those type called? I found one matching (looking anyway) cap, a multilayer ceramic cap, but they are like 6 bucks, and it can't be correct, because this specific board, which is for an inexpensive power supply, has no fewer than probably 50 of them. I could probably measure them and steal them from a different component, but I wanted to replace these parts with new ones...

Thanks!
-Parker

**broken link removed**

Edit: Included a picture... I'm installing C48 and the one above it (C42) to revise this board to match another failed board that I have. (bought a lesser model with the same board (alebit different options), to replace the more expensive board which is no longer available)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back