Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to find datasheet for this triac

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

The numbers are 68169 top of chip and C5 bottom of chip and the trade mark looks like a T

Attachments

• GEDC0338.JPG
    GEDC0338.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 296
I could not find an exact reference sheet for you but I have that exact one in my parts bin. I think mine came from a lamp dimmer so its probibly in the 6 to 12 amp 200 to 400 volt range.
But I am openly just guessing based on what I think mine came from.

I may not be of apsolute 100% positive on my triac asumption either. Stuff does seem to jet gumped from one bin to another from time to time. I just went by part number and what bin I found it in. I still could be way off too.
Ever put a poorly labeled transistor in a dual diode circuit because it was in the wrong bin and the multimeter double check said it checked out as a dual diode?
OOPS!

Test it!
I'm sure it can be tested like a diode.
An SCR will read in only one direction and a Triac will read both.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back