Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to find a Eagle footprint for 3W RGB LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

danrogers

Hi all, I'm trying and failing to find a part for some 3w rgb led's, I could mess about and try to make one I guess but since there are so many of this type around I figured there must be a library somewhere.

These are the led's in question **broken link removed**

Thanks

Did you check the user-contributed Libraries on the Cadsoft site?

Please provide a link to the datasheet for the device you are using? It looks like an SOIC 6 package. If that is confirmed, you can simply find that package in the standard Eagle library and modify it.

John

Hi John. Here is the datasheet, I didn't get the LED's from rapid but from what i can measure, they seem identical and also look it https://www.rapidonline.com/pdf/55-2013.pdf

I have had a look at the eagle libraries but couldn't find it in the main led libraries and can't seem to get the search function to work at the moment on their site?

Thanks

Dan

You will probably need to make your device. The closest I could find was the Everlight PLCC6 package. If you search on ( CTRL F) "LED", it will be near 75 of 79 hits.

NOTE: Its dimensions are wrong. Unfortunately, the datasheet for your device does not show a recommended pad arrangement/footprint. The Blue and Green LED's take more current, so the pads in the Everlight example are wider for those colors. That might be a good practice to follow. The footprint pads are usually larger than the device's legs.

John

Thanks John, I will try and make one up then. Thank you anyway. Interesting point about the blue and green, I thought they would take the same current as they are 1w each colour, so around 300mA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back