Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to figure out a specific cement resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw your "cheapo" meter and the above post still applies, touch the leads to the cap and to each other momentarily and watch the meter go from 0 ohms to infinity.

Tried the test... nothing. Needle didn't move. Touched the leads together and the needle jumped... tried swapping the leads on the poles... same thing. Zilch. Zero needle movement, not even at X100... not even a twitch.

I'm guessing this means the cap is bad?

I gotta say though... wouldn't a toasted capacitor prevent an item from 'starting up'? I know the older TV's had MASSIVE ones inside that allowed them to start when you clicked em on.

I would guess that if it was something else, the fans would come on, the 'in use' light would light up but there wouldn't be power at the outlets or whatever. If there is a blown cap, it would make sense that NO power is going to work, at all.

That's just my completely uneducated guess... but with my goat-logic, it makes sense to me! LOL :D

What is the brand name and model number for this inverter
Keep in mind that Ebay has NEW 3000/6000 watts 12v DC 120v AC 60Hz Power Inverter
FREE Built-in Battery Charger & Cable Set for around $200

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I don't think there is a 'brand name'. Nothing listed on the inverter itself. It's got printed on the top of it:

Mobile Power
DC 12V to AC 115V
3300W Continuous / 6,000W Peak

It's grey with teal printing on it. No brand names or manufacturers stamped anywhere... not even inside it. :(

I got it off from Ebay, for about $170, shipped.

I looked to see if there was another one on flea-bay and couldn't find any that matched it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back