Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to build a single-wire energy transmission line

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Nichols

Some days ago I discovered a man who designed a system to send electrical energy through a single wire without earth return.
As far I know, this technique hasn't been explored too much until now, so I'm trying to build a replication to observe the behavior of the circuit.

I've found this document on the web of the author: **broken link removed**
Where in pages 43 to 47 can be seen how the circuit has to be made and it seems to be very easy to replicate (I've no idea of electronics).

So, it could be interesting to explain more in detail which parts I need to build a replication of that circuit.

Original restored, as OP edit made nonsense of it - moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just an amateur with a poor understanding of electronics theory, but this looks like total bulls**t to me.

...but I did find it interesting working out all of the different mistakes in thinking and spotting the poor assumptions made.

I do believe that he managed to make his LED light, and that he made a 60W light bulb light in an adjacent building. ... but not for the reasons that he thinks.

If you do replicate the experiments, please don't jump to the conclusion that his whacky theories hold any water, just because you managed to light an LED apparently with only one wire. I can spot return circuits that the author seems (or maybe chose) to have missed - but the return circuit is not immediately obvious.

Replicating the experiments will be difficult, as the diagrams are unclear (as is the author's thinking :) )

Last edited:
I cannot help but think that the guy has been using "recreational chemicals", some (most) of his ideas are all over the place.

JimB

I forgot to mention....

Messing with 230V mains is dangerous - don't do it!

I considered the odd experiment or two to demonstrate where the author made his mistakes, but then I remembered.... I do not want to die just to prove this guy wrong :stop:

was there a link thats missing?

The OP had removed it, making nonsense of the thread - so I've restored it.

However, the link is complete rubbish anyway, simply using ground for the return.

As it's a PPT file (rather bizarrely), presumably it was a presentation for a University course?, which he failed badly :D

Here is a PDF for the same thing;
**broken link removed**
He has been trying to get it out there but I can not fine any reviews of his work.
I think it would be interesting to here what his peers think.

Theres a vid of someone on youtube claiming the same thing, but the large plate he has on the tx and rx end clearly demonstrates that one side of the power transfer is through radio waves, rf is generated with a marconi oscillator and a car ignition coil.

If the vid didnt claim what it isnt it would be interesting.

i went through the PDF of 4pyros, in fig.9 if we notice, there is a ground connection on both transformers and on other end too. so simply ground is used as 2nd wire. in the simulation both wires that are connected to a single signal / power source has been assumed to have same phase, it is wrong too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back