Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trusting a Humidity Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an idea... Drop the humidity... We know its piggin high in the UK during summer.. When it gets to 100% light an led...

After grinding my doodah's to a pulp getting the damn thing to work in the first place .. .. no chance !

My Grandmother had a barometer in the hall...

My wife has a Barometer in the hall too .. .. .. ..she never tells the truth either ! :D

MM

You could make your clock a novelty one by adding an electrically-maintained pendulum, with a wet and dry bulb thermometer attached to the pendulum as a humidity sensor :)

My grandparents got me a barometer / clock / thermometer for a Christmas present 40+ years ago, I could never work out why the barometer never really changed until I took it apart and found it didn't have any moving parts in it and the needle was just glued to the face ....

It was a Harry Potter barometer, it worked by magic :D

On a more serious note and going back to the original post, what are you using as a display for your clock?
You say Large, but how large?
I built a clock using a 32x8 LED display that works well and uses a wemos to go get internet time every so often.
I've always thought combining 4 such displays would give a 64x16 display measuring 256mm x 64mm (10" x 2.5").
You could display time, date, humidity and temp on such a display and it would be big.

I think I've convinced myself I need to build this too.

Mike.

On a more serious note and going back to the original post, what are you using as a display for your clock?
You say Large, but how large?
I built a clock using a 32x8 LED display that works well and uses a wemos to go get internet time every so often.
I've always thought combining 4 such displays would give a 64x16 display measuring 256mm x 64mm (10" x 2.5").
You could display time, date, humidity and temp on such a display and it would be big.

I think I've convinced myself I need to build this too.

Sounds really good.

It's really weird, but since having my internet connected clock I rely on it all the time to be correct.
Not sure what will happen if I add weather stuff too. :D

Mike.

Hi Mike

The clock is loosely based on an 'Instructable' I found with most of the errors corrected.

The clock face is a piece of 3mm Gloss Acrylic 40cm square;
The seconds are indicated by individual LED's @ 6 deg intervals on a 35cm circumference;
The Time HH: MM is on 4 x 7 seg LED displays which are 35 x 24 mm;
The Date DD:MM:YY is on an 8 digit 0.56 inch 7 seg. module;

The Temp, Baro & Humidity is scrolled at 10 second intervals on another 8 digit 0.56 inch 7 seg. module;

The clock face is covered with a piece of 1mm Smoked Grey Acrylic that gives an uninterrupted clock face and dulls the glaring LED's.

At the moment I only have the prototype board, but I'll post a pic when I get that far .. .. . .

MM

Edit: Sorry, just realised the 8 digit modules are 22mm not 0.56 inch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back