Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trust in covid vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past 5 years I have been battling circulation problems in my legs as a result of an hereditary arterial deformity which was only discovered comparatively recently; I've suffered a whole series of blood clots which have required urgent treatment and in the past 36 months I've had a total of 17 surgical interventions, some minor, some not so.
One of the 'side effects' of this problem is that the minor veins close to the surface are very vulnerable and quite regularly 'pop' and squirt claret all over the shop. I'm currently temporarily confined to a wheelchair because one such event required a minor op to overcome and the wound got infected inhibiting the healing process.
This is a condition passed on by one of my parents who eventually lost both legs to amputation when the circulation issue got out of control.

I was offered the AstraZeneca vaccine 3 weeks ago and I was there with my 'boots blacked' without hesitation, and I have not experienced any problem whatsoever, apart from some mild side effects for a few days after the jab.

I suggest you should have the vaccine and worry about a blood clot if & when you get one; it seems to me most unlikely.

MM

Over the past 5 years I have been battling circulation problems in my legs as a result of an hereditary arterial deformity which was only discovered comparatively recently; I've suffered a whole series of blood clots which have required urgent treatment and in the past 36 months I've had a total of 17 surgical interventions, some minor, some not so.
One of the 'side effects' of this problem is that the minor veins close to the surface are very vulnerable and quite regularly 'pop' and squirt claret all over the shop. I'm currently temporarily confined to a wheelchair because one such event required a minor op to overcome and the wound got infected inhibiting the healing process.
This is a condition passed on by one of my parents who eventually lost both legs to amputation when the circulation issue got out of control.

I was offered the AstraZeneca vaccine 3 weeks ago and I was there with my 'boots blacked' without hesitation, and I have not experienced any problem whatsoever, apart from some mild side effects for a few days after the jab.

I suggest you should have the vaccine and worry about a blood clot if & when you get one; it seems to me most unlikely.

MM

Yes, as was mentioned above the blood clot issues were basically just the normal figures for the age range of the patients, and almost certainly nothing whatsoever to do with the vaccination.

When the vaccinations started in the UK the press and news made a big thing about one of the early nurses having a major allergic reaction to the vaccination - eventually they admitted that the nurse in question suffered from major allergies, and this was the same reaction she gets to any vaccination.

Sorry to hear about your issues Musicmanager, looks like we're both doing plenty of hospital 'visiting' :D

More that a million people die each week (pre-Covid numbers). It will take biostatisticians a long time to see if there is any statistically-relevant cause and effect.

still no direct cause and effect, but Ireland has paused use of the AZ vaccine over clotting - and the official pausing the vaccine has also admitted there is no proven correlation. He has admitted, there is a lifesaving effect of the vaccine. What an idiot

Had my first AZ jab 4 hours ago and I feel liberated :)

Quote from gophert tag line: " When you're dead, you don't know it, the pain is only felt by others. The same thing happens when you're stupid. "
Is that quote from somewhere else, or yours? Do I have permission to use your quote please? I like it

tenor.gif

another country

Just more sheep following other countries with no evidence, and against WHO guidelines :D

Funny how the EU confiscated (stole!) a shipment of AZ that was on it's way to Australia!.

According to UK news services ....
The European Medicines Agency opened an investigation after 30 reports of people being diagnosed with clots after the jab.
But the 30 – taken from a group of five million people – suggest only one in every 167,000 people developed the condition. And AstraZeneca's own data from 17million vaccinations suggested it was more like one in 500,000, and the firm's chief medical officer said rates were actually lower than in the general population.

They can be sheeps. What i can see is our stable goverment is destabilished thanks to media due covid pandemy. So rejecting this vaccine could be populistic choice. If they refuse, media will write something about iraccional refusing and if they accept media will report that we are experimental guinea pigs.

They can be sheeps. What i can see is our stable goverment is destabilished thanks to media due covid pandemy. So rejecting this vaccine could be populistic choice. If they refuse, media will write something about iraccional refusing and if they accept media will report that we are experimental guinea pigs.

Well the AZ (Oxford) vaccine has been in development, testing, and use for over 20 years - it's only a minor modification to an established vaccine.

The Dutch can be a bit 'strange' though - my daughter lives there :D She actually infuriated, as they have recently started coming out of a full lockdown, and have reopened swimming baths, and dance classes - both of which she does - BUT they have reopened them only for 27 year olds and under (she's 30). And while she's now employed again, she can't work as she's waiting for her 'Health & Safety' training - meanwhile she's on full pay (as a Phd) while she does nothing.

We had an 'expert' on the morning news here in Oz actually say the words 'although there have been reported deaths' when he was being interviewed about the AZ kerfuffle - not a smart cookie me thinks.

38 cases in 17 Million injections is about background level. I wonder if it's got anything to do with it being made in the UK?

Mike.

38 cases in 17 Million injections is about background level. I wonder if it's got anything to do with it being made in the UK?

Mike.
Do you think they rejecting it cause of BREXIT? I dont sense any hate againts UK at the moment in the air.

Do you think they rejecting it cause of BREXIT? I dont sense any hate againts UK at the moment in the air.

Why else would it be? - there's no science behind the rejection. The clotting 'problems' are below that of unvaccinated people, so less chance of clotting if you have the vaccine than not - why aren't they also rejecting the other vaccines?, as the clotting rate is the same. According to a senior medic on the news last night the 'normal' percentage of clotting problems is two per thousand (with no vaccine) - which is a horrifyingly high figure.

Makes me glad I'm on anti-clotting tablets :D

No, just being a little naughty. Still the figures speak for themselves (not of brexit conspiracy) 37 out of 17 million is around 1 in 500,000. Everyday, (approx) 100 million people die. Even in the UK alone, ~814,285 people die each year or about 300 per day. As I said, above background levels unless there's some factor they're not telling up - like most of the 30 are teenagers - they're not but there may be a contributory factor. Still, I'd have it tomorrow.

Mike.

Astrazeneca seems to fail against south africa mutation. Does anyone have more info about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back