Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

True Sine Wave Inverter Schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deon1973

Please help me to get a TSW inverter schematic(s) in any size. I'm without work for the last 11 months and it would realy make a difference in my life, because then I can start to make a little money. PLEASE HELP ME!

Why you don't reverse-engineer the beautiful amps sold in Home Depot? They are Black & Decker, 100 watts and 20 bucks (I dont remember well), for automotive use... The box says true sine wave!

Thanks Guys

The problem is that I live in South Africa. There is a big market for TSW inverters here, because our only electricity supplier, ESKOM, is planning to increase its rates with 53% this year and a further 60% next year. This gives me an opportunity to manufacture this inverters and make a living of it. I have to sustaian my family of a wife and 3 kids. Times is tough and at least I know now how to pick myself up again.

I REALLY appreciate your guy's help!!!!

Thanks
Deon:D

Deon1973 said:
our only electricity supplier, ESKOM, is planning to increase its rates with 53% this year and a further 60% next year. Deon:D

if this is the forecast than don't make it your self but import the equipment and repair/service it

marges are better headache is less and still you need your technical expertise
you can fall back ot the manufactor if it is realy a complicated problem
you will spend your time only on selling the things instead of making and selling

posibility to sell complementary batterys ($$$$$$)

and fuses:)D)

make a buisness plan and don't ly in it
there are several programs on the market that can say if it is a born dead idea or just a money spinner

than go to a finacer or bank (doesn't mater who they are all crooks) and go for it

Robert-Jan

Sizes for TSW Innverter

Hi there Guys

The sizes I'm looking for is 12VDC 500W, 24VDC 1500w, 24/48VDC 3000W and, if possible, 48VDC 5000W. This will give me a great product range. I can even build my own deep cycle batteries for starters and already designed charge controllers using the LM338T's. Now its just a matter of getting the schematics for the TSW's and MONEY for the components.

Once again - THANKS GUYS!!! You do give me hope for my future.

Best Regards from a cold South Africa!

Deon

Deon1973 said:
I can even build my own deep cycle batteries for starters

now this i find intressting can you show (picture) or tell a bit more about it please

I am genuine intrested

Robert-Jan

rjvh said:
now this i find intressting can you show (picture) or tell a bit more about it please

I am genuine intrested

Robert-Jan

It is actually very easy. First obtain acid proof containers that can seal(for leakage and sealing in hydrogen gas). Next will be a pot or cauldron to melt lead in.

Then a mold in which to cast the lead plates(aluminum works best, because the hot lead don't stick to it). Then you have to see a steel profile cutter(luckily a friend of mine is our local cutter) and manufacture plate bridges to link the lead plates together and mount your terminals on(Stainless Steel of any grade will do, aswell for the terminal bolts welded onto the bridges). Between the lead plates(in a +-+-+- array), you will need to place an acid proof barrier material like fibreglass matting.

Drill holes for the terminals and a breather hole for the H2 gas and fit a pipe to let the gas escape to a well ventilated area.

After that, place your linked,barriered lead plates into your container, fill the container so that the plates are covered with acid and seal of. Now test the Ah(amp hour) rating by putting a 1A load on the battery till it reaches 80% of the original startup voltage. A newly build cell sould read 2.12V. Time how long the battery takes to reach the 80% capacity level and that should give you your Ah rating x6 for a 12V system, x12 for 24V and 2x24 for 48V.

Hope it help.

Kind regards

Deon

Ps: A gas mask, Safety Goggles and leather coveralls should be worn when handling the lead and gas mask, safety goggles, acid proof coveralls and rubber gloves should be warn when working with the acid

if it is not to much asked can you supply pictures of the whole process

thanks in advance

Robert-Jan

Sealing in the hydrogen gas is a very bad idea, you're better off venting it and allowing it to dissipate safely. Alowing it to build up is asking for trouble, all it takes is one spark and BANG.

Deon1973 said:
Hi there Guys

The sizes I'm looking for is 12VDC 500W, 24VDC 1500w, 24/48VDC 3000W and, if possible, 48VDC 5000W. This will give me a great product range. I can even build my own deep cycle batteries for starters and already designed charge controllers using the LM338T's. Now its just a matter of getting the schematics for the TSW's and MONEY for the components.

Once again - THANKS GUYS!!! You do give me hope for my future.

Best Regards from a cold South Africa!

Deon

How do you plan on charging the batteries? Solar, Wind...

blueroomelectronics said:
How do you plan on charging the batteries? Solar, Wind...

Hi Bill

Mainly I would be using solar panels and wind turbines, but some of my customers would be using regular 220VAC, just using the inverter systems as a back-up power supply during load shedding periods.

Did you come across any TSW inverter schematics so far? I would realy appreciate it if you could get send me a few at deon.lotter@gmail.com

Best regards

Deon

The posts for inverters come up all the time. The reality is it's cheaper to buy than build one.

What if the guy want to build it to sell it and make money that way? square wave inverters is a dime a dozen but a pure sine wave inverter not. PIC16F627 + DAC0800 + RC Filter = pure sine wave then you need drivers to drive your power stage.

What if the guy want to build it to sell it and make money that way? square wave inverters is a dime a dozen but a pure sine wave inverter not. PIC16F627 + DAC0800 + RC Filter = pure sine wave then you need drivers to drive your power stage.
You make it sound so simple to make a pure sine wave inverter at a competitive cost.

You may have neglected the inefficiency and cost of a high power sine wave amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back