Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

troubleshooting circuit with DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknician

Hi,
i am newbie and need a way to diagnose problem in a circuit powered with direct current.

i read about it and using multimeter i can check components individually but in surface mounted device circuit taking out individual component is quiet difficult and i need to find a way to detect fault while in circuit.

can anyone guide me how to diagnose fault on circuit, powered on

this will be a great help for me thanks

best regds
teknician

teknician said:
Hi,
i am newbie and need a way to diagnose problem in a circuit powered with direct current.

i read about it and using multimeter i can check components individually but in surface mounted device circuit taking out individual component is quiet difficult and i need to find a way to detect fault while in circuit.

can anyone guide me how to diagnose fault on circuit, powered on

this will be a great help for me thanks

best regds
teknician
hi,
Post the circuit diagram.:)

there is none

hi,
i am talking about motherboard and basic voltage checking to identify the problem but i dont have any circuit diagrams

best regds
teknician

teknician said:
hi,
i am talking about motherboard and basic voltage checking to identify the problem but i dont have any circuit diagrams

best regds
teknician

Without a circuit diagram as a reference point for voltages and signals its very difficult to locate some problems.

As I dont know your level of experience, its difficult to advise you.
Perhaps if you looked at some of the webs tutorials that could help.:)

https://www.hobbyprojects.com/test_and_measurement.html

https://www.hobbyprojects.com/tutorial.html

good guess

Hi,

thanks eric for the tutorials,

eric i am a biggner and my only task with electronic is to do with computers

i am trying to find two faults in the motherboard no power and no display.

ritenow i am stuck with no power i heard with the help of voltage checking you can identify where the current is coming and where it is not.

but i really dont know how to go with it but if you can guide me in the simple terms i will be grateful

just for your information about me i can measure components externally but understanding how to measure the voltage and identifying tricks to diagnose incircuit is what i need to know.

please help if you can i will be grateful for your help

best regds
teknician

hi,
It sounds like the problem is with power supply module.
Fault finding and repairing these psu's can be hazardous, I would suggest you get onsight experienced help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back