Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

troubleshoot programming pic16f628a

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLOTZ

Hi, need help I've build a PPWIN Parallel Port PIC Programmer and is using IC PROG 1.05D to program ic.

I've connected a 47k resistor to BR4 and ground, but looks like it's not programming.

NOT SURE ABOUT MY FUSE SETTING IN IC PROG. I've programmed a pic16f84a all ok.

What can i test?

MLOTZ said:
I've connected a 47k resistor to BR4 and ground, but looks like it's not programming.
What do you mean exactly? are you getting the "verify failed" error?

MLOTZ said:
NOT SURE ABOUT MY FUSE SETTING IN IC PROG. I've programmed a pic16f84a all ok.
Post your configuration settings

setting oscillator to XT, fuses enabled MCLR and BODEN.

I am not getting any "verify failed" errors.
The pic was programmed to flash on pins RB 4-7 and nothing happens.

setting oscillator to XT, fuses enabled MCLR and BODEN.

I am not getting any "verify failed" errors.
The pic was programmed to flash on pins RB 4-7 and nothing happens.

Thanks

If the PIC has been programmed correctly (have you tried to read the PIC's memory?), I suspect that you're code doesn't do what you expect. For example, if you're trying to use code that was written for the PIC16F84A, it needs a few changes in order to run on a PIC16F628A.
I'm sure you'll have useful suggestions if you give more details.

Good luck

hi mlotz,

Can you post your header code, including the _config statement.

thanks

Looks like my programmer works, it's my programming thats the problem. It's my thirst time to program the pic16f628a and tought it's my programmer.

Thanks again for help

Just about everyone messes something up the first time.

Hey, come on, those didn't count. Besides all the rest of the I/O lines on those chips still work....

That is definitly the last time I hotplug parts into a breadboard. I was only off 1 pin... three times in a row. So much for Pin 2 as an output!

My first mistake was forgetting to set the DDR bit on an AVR chip to blink an LED. I actually fixed that one myself. I pay much closer attention to both code and hardware now.

Ah, I sometimes still put the odd chip in backward, or something equally goofy. I attribute it to my old brain, drying out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back