Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trouble Shooting an Electric Guitar Pedal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hersh

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and circuits, but I do have a very basic understanding from my jr. college intro circuits course. Anyways, I'm trying to perform this build

http://tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=70 but it is not working correctly.

The short story is I'm not sure exactly how pinpoint the problem. When I put the negative lead of the volt-meter on the neg terminal of the Battery and the pos lead of the voltmeter on pin 8 of both IC's I register a little over 9V, which seems correct, but I'm not sure what to do next. Do I just put the pos lead of the voltmeter to the pos terminal of the battery and check all the ground points with the neg lead of the voltmeter to make sure that I'm getting 9V at all those points?

Any advice would be greatly welcomed and a huge thanks in advance,
Hersh

How does one determine what the voltage at pins 1 & 7 should be? Is it just roughly 1/2 of pin 8?

It appears that I get 9V at every pin. How do I identify where the short is?

Thanks in advance I really appreciate it,
Hersh

How does one determine what the voltage at pins 1 & 7 should be? Is it just roughly 1/2 of pin 8?

It's set buy a zener on the LH three opamps, and a potential divider on the RH one - it should be about half the 9V supply.

It appears that I get 9V at every pin. How do I identify where the short is?

Thanks in advance I really appreciate it,
Hersh

Check all the pins on the IC's, do you have 9V on every pin?, if so you've no 0V connection to the circuit.

I presume you've wired the jack sockets correctly?, the input one (a stereo socket) is used to switch the 0V conection from the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back