Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tring to build an infrared remote control...need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

homemade

Hi,
I am doing a project for school where I am trying to control my PC via remote through the serial port. I have already build the receiver and tested it using a universal remote....but now I am trying to actually build a remote.

The receiver using a TSOP1738 chip, at 38kHz. It accepts all major codes such as RC5. Does anyone have a circuit diagram or schematic for building a remote control that acts like a universal remote. Basically, I need a remote control that will send data at 38kHz, and preferably using the RC5 code.

It would also be great if I didn't have to program a microcontroller since I have no knowledge. A preprogrammed one would be best.

Any help would be great...feel free to email me as well at mikes944@hotmail.com

Thanks

homemade said:
Hi,
I am doing a project for school where I am trying to control my PC via remote through the serial port. I have already build the receiver and tested it using a universal remote....but now I am trying to actually build a remote.

The receiver using a TSOP1738 chip, at 38kHz. It accepts all major codes such as RC5. Does anyone have a circuit diagram or schematic for building a remote control that acts like a universal remote. Basically, I need a remote control that will send data at 38kHz, and preferably using the RC5 code.

It would also be great if I didn't have to program a microcontroller since I have no knowledge. A preprogrammed one would be best.

Any help would be great...feel free to email me as well at mikes944@hotmail.com

Thanks

Philips (the inventors of RC5) used to sell a preprogrammed chip for RC5 remote controls - but as far as I'm aware, it's no longer available.

But RC5 remotes (not OFA's) are freely available at low cost, I see no point in building one when you can simply buy one so cheaply. Assuming you have to build one (as it's a school project), simply buy a remote and take the chip out. But it seems such a waste of time, taking a perfectly good remote to pieces to build another one!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back