Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trigonometric Input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q__Hybrid

Ok, how about this:

Three sensor banks, each aimed along an axis of 3D space. One axis manipulates one of two sinewaves in an FM synth signal and adjusts its frequency from 1Hz to 65535Hz (or whatever.) Another one of the axes does the same thing to the second sinewave in the FM synth signal and adjusts the same chracteristic. The third axis is used to adjust a parameter(s) of an effect that the FM signal is fed into.

The idea is that the cuboid space would manipulate the sound based on where a particpant is within that area, but in an intuitive way that makes it highly expressive based on the "syntax" of the person participating in the experience.

It's like matrix math, whereby a change in any beam circuit is synonymous with a value changing in a cell of a matrix. The tricky thing is that a beam only yields on/off switching with no trace of expressible values that could drive potentiometers. That's too strict for my purposes.

The idea is to make a sound whose distortion is created by mapping the orientation of the participant's body, therefore making the range of resultant manipulations potentially very complex while relying on a simple set of rules for the audio path.

What kind of brain power do I need here? How do I start wrapping my brain around this? All this and so much more confuses me.

+Q__

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back