Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

triggering bt136 triac using moc3021

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdsherathia

i have tried switching a load using bt136. the gate of bt136 is supplied necessary triggering voltage by moc3021 opto isolator.
the problem is, moc3021 is triggered but the bt136 is not responding
schematic is attached.

Attachments

• bt136.JPG
    bt136.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 18,466
Hi,

the circuit looks OK to me. What value did you use for Rin?

At 5V (VCC) the value should be 150Ω.

Boncuk

i have tried switching a load using bt136. the gate of bt136 is supplied necessary triggering voltage by moc3021 opto isolator.
the problem is, moc3021 is triggered but the bt136 is not responding
schematic is attached.

hi,
Which type of NAND gate are you using, if any.??

1. you have to make sure the connection of the triac. MT1 and MT2 should not reverse.
2. try to move the load to upper side of the triac, MT2 and Line.
3. good luck

1. you have to make sure the connection of the triac. MT1 and MT2 should not reverse.
2. try to move the load to upper side of the triac, MT2 and Line.
3. good luck

MT1 and MT2 are connected properly!

I agree with ericgibbs if he supposes a NAND-gate is used to control the cathode of the IR-LED within the optocoupler. It will not be able to sink 20mA.

Better use an NPN-transistor (BC547) as an inverter if the MCU control output is positive.

Boncuk

its fine,
i changed mt1 and mt2 by mistake
now its working
no snubber is required if normal inductive load is used
thanx

MT1 and MT2 are connected properly!

I agree with ericgibbs if he supposes a NAND-gate is used to control the cathode of the IR-LED within the optocoupler. It will not be able to sink 20mA.

Better use an NPN-transistor (BC547) as an inverter if the MCU control output is positive.

Boncuk

ofcourse the MT1 and MT2 connected properly at the drawing, but what I mean is at the board sir . ha ha ha...
Congratulation pdsherathia....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back