Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trigger transformer and optocoupler driving circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not enough info. Have you tried Google?

i have already tried google.

the interior is not important, i need only trigger driving circuit and optocoupler(opto transistor) driving circuit for example.

Last edited:
Sir:

More info is needed: Your driving a 16 VAC doorbell from a 0.8 V logic signal, right?

Or is a 400 hp, 3 phase motor at 460 VAC, phase angle fired?

My crystal ball is broken.

When I see 'trigger transformer', my first impression is a xenon flash circuit (camera/strobe). Really need to know a few things about what he's wanting to do with it, and what he has to work with. The tube needs about 300 volts, and only a quick HV pulse to ionize the gas to make it flash. I hate getting shock, so seldom mess around with such things. Have converted several disposable camera flashes to strobes, buy simply installing a small SCR, driven off the neon (ready indicator) tube.

Anyone help me ? i need trigger transformer and optocoupler driving circuits.

thanks.

If you need Isolation, Why not just use an Isolated Trigger Transformer.
Example: Seperate Primary and Secondary Windings with 4 Seperate Connections.
I have these if wanted!

(Instead of the typical "Auto Transformer configuration", where the Primary and Secondary common wires are Joined together.)

Last edited:
There are no standard or universal circuits for both things in practice but in theory there are many.

Anyone help me ? i need trigger transformer and optocoupler driving circuits.

thanks.

Hi,

Why do you need both? Normally we use either a trigger transformer or an opto coupler, but there's usually no reason for needing both in the same circuit.
The opto coupler drive is just a current from another device, while the trigger transformer drive is similar but more of a voltage pulse. Both provide isolation.

Hi,

Why do you need both? Normally we use either a trigger transformer or an opto coupler, but there's usually no reason for needing both in the same circuit.
The opto coupler drive is just a current from another device, while the trigger transformer drive is similar but more of a voltage pulse. Both provide isolation.

Opto Couplers Provide ISOLATION between two power sources.

Typically Most Trigger Coils (at Least the Xenon Fash Trigger Coils) only have 3 Wires.
Thus the Start Winding of the Primary and Secondary are Tied together as a Common Ground.
So Most of these "Xenon trigger" coil Do NOT Provide any Isolation.

But "Sir. Ismet Birinci" Has not told us What kind of Trigger Coil, Or even Why he needs the Opto Isolator?

Opto Couplers Provide ISOLATION between two power sources.

Typically Most Trigger Coils (at Least the Xenon Fash Trigger Coils) only have 3 Wires.
Thus the Start Winding of the Primary and Secondary are Tied together as a Common Ground.
So Most of these "Xenon trigger" coil Do NOT Provide any Isolation.

But "Sir. Ismet Birinci" Has not told us What kind of Trigger Coil, Or even Why he needs the Opto Isolator?

Hi,

Well, the kind of trigger transformer i was talking about are the kind used with triacs, not with photo flash units obviously. These are sometimes called "pulse transformers" and provide a transformer action which includes isolation.
Still, i dont see why someone would need both a transformer and an opto coupler, because the opto can usually do it all, and if it cant, we use a transistor driver or something like that.
So if using a transformer it is driven with a pulse and that does it all. If using an opto it's driven with the circuit or transistor amplifier and that does it all. There's no usually no need to use a three terminal transformer with an opto.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back