Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trigger PIC with PC serial port

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprntrcr

So I'm working on a PIC project that would be triggered from a PC serial port. The software (commercial program) can either send the trigger on pin 4 or pin 7 of the COM port. I'm only looking for a trigger and not serial communications, so I'm hoping for something simpler than using a MAX232. Any ideas of how to interface the RS-232 pin to a PIC 16F628 I/O pin?

Thanks....

So I'm working on a PIC project that would be triggered from a PC serial port. The software (commercial program) can either send the trigger on pin 4 or pin 7 of the COM port. I'm only looking for a trigger and not serial communications, so I'm hoping for something simpler than using a MAX232. Any ideas of how to interface the RS-232 pin to a PIC 16F628 I/O pin?

A simple series resistor on any of the protected I/O pins - you can receive full RS232 data in that way as well. Check the circuit of the BASIC STAMP for an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back