Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trigger > Delay > Reset (Big Time Noob)

Status
Not open for further replies.

myhtolibar

So its been twenty years since my electronics class. EEEK.... I'm pretty sure this circuit exists in the world I just can't seem to find it.

What I'm looking for is.

Trigger-> Powers event for x seconds then..
Delay-> for X seconds/minutes (without being able to be re triggered)
Reset-> The circuit goes back to normal and can be triggered again.

Pretty simple. I've found a lot of 555 and 556 designs but I've not found one that specifically does this or at least that I can recognize.

Any suggestions of support would be wonderful.

Thanks

Hi mytholibar,

welcome to the forum.

You can make a circuit using an NE555. The circuit is called monostable multivibrator. It is non-retriggerable, meaning if the switch is left in the closed position the circuit will activate the output (Q) for the time being determined by R1 and C2. To reactivate the circuit, the switch must be toggled off and on again.

Have a look at this one. Pay a little around with R1 and C2 values - or get a datasheet containing the formula for time out calculation.

Boncuk

Attachments

• NON-RETRIGG-1.gif
    NON-RETRIGG-1.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 193
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back