Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tried to reverse engineer the pcb of a garage port opener - some practical question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grossel

Hi.

Have attempted to reverse engineer the PCB of a garage port opener, and I think I hve got most of it correct. The schematic have some weird things because when having to plan it out backwards, I tend to always assign more voltage sources than neccesary because n the beginning of the process I don't know how many that are in fact used.

For my questions, I start off with the part that probably are impossible to solve.

The in-house IC's
There are two IC. I have not found any useful data sheets online. It would be very helpful if anyone does have datasheet for those, or even just the name of function for each pin. Both are DIL20 package. Semicolon newline.
  • D1 ; (Motorola icon) ; 8787345951 CP1 ; 5C40H ; QLTB9724
  • D2 ; BOSCH ; P9724AD - DBG ; 8 787 345 899

The variable resistors
The resistors R2 and R3 are marked "1K719K" (no space in between). Since I don't want to de-solder to check I'm not sure what this means in terms of reading the Ohm's, I have simply never seen such markings before.

The possible diac, V10
This component, it looks just like any signal diode but since the band is placed around the center of it's body I assume it's a diac. However, the printed symbol under the component suggest diode.
The look of component is almost excactly like the one depicted on this page <link>

Unsure of the idea of component designation
There are integrated circuits on this board, the opamp (N1), 7805 regulator (N2) and the ULN2004 buffer (N2) while two other IC D1 and D2 (why use different letter ?).
Also "R1" aren't a resistor but a thick sturdy jumper.
The diodes have V1, V2, etc. but the ceramic resonators also use V (assigned V11 and V12).

Inputs not used - X4 and X5 (not important)
Those are simply put - connectors with housing on the PCB that allow a pin to be pushed in from the soldering side of the PCB. When the PCB is in place in the housing (same as where the motor and connection to puley) - each of those are connected to two U-shaped metal clips that pokes out underneath the housing. In this particular model, they was never in use (the only way of making contact is to use a tool or fingers to bend the clips toward each other).
On X4, there is a marking on the PCB "AUF", and for X5 the marking are "ZU". I guess german.
I think either it must be a command (maybe supposed user may have a rope somewhere outside to pull to open the gate), or it may be input from the pulley. From the location I'd say most likely it's signal for pulley all the way out and all the way in (but for a different model than this that have some mechanical piece that makes contact at touch ).

Attachments

• Bosch 8-788-300-569.pdf
    159.9 KB · Views: 281
D1 is probably a MC68HC705J1ACP or similar; that matches the pinout.
I'd guess D2 is a motor control with current sense & position memories, eg. a car electric window controller or customised version of one.

The numbers likely refer to the custom firmware they are supplied pre-programmed with, as specials for that particular manufacturer.
Both numbers include 9724 - that's likely either a date code, 24th week 1997, or the device manufacturers project ID for the firmware in the ICs?

R1 is a current shunt to allow monitoring of the motor current.

V13 is directly across the motor output terminals; that is likely a transient voltage suppressor, not a diac. V10, with the same symbol, is probably one of those as well.

1K719 is almost certainly 1K value, plus a date, batch or series code.

Last edited:
Thanks for information.

R1 as a shunt make sense, but only if it exists (or was planned) other variants of the PCB with that feature enabled.

V13 - make sense yes (I see I forgot to include that in the schematic).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back