Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

triangulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micksshed

Hi All,
Looking for ideas I how I can measure the distance between three/four points.
They can be metal, magnets, transponders, whatever!
No line of sight – mass of various densities in-between.
The distance is max 30cm / 12”
I am thinking ultrasonic/ Doppler
Hope my q is clear

No line-of-sight...no ultrasonic! :(
It would help a lot if you explained what you're really trying to do...the big picture.
It may be easier for us to help solve your problem, than solve your solution. ;)

Ken

If you are measuring distances between three or more points and then trying to calculate the position of some unknown point, then the correct term is trilateration. Correct terms help you find more useful information.

what I want is something like a tx/rx on the small of my back. then two "targets" either side of my navel and I want to measure the distance between the targets and the tx/rx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back