Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TRIACs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not using a PIC, but this is generally the circuit that I use. I use an opto for zero crossing and a MOC3021 to trigger the TRIAC.
Andrew Kilpatrick » Interfacing: AC Line

I know this doesn't help any, but the programming really became clear and easy when I was able to look at what was happening with a scope. You are able to change the trigger timing, watch it on the scope and watch how it effects the AC load, in my case Christmas lights. Oddly, the uC I was using was triggering on both rising and falling edge when it should not have been and I still have not figured out why, but I have a workaround.

Attachments

• 20100415-lpc1313-edge-001.jpg
    20100415-lpc1313-edge-001.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 106
That helps me alot trust me!

The only issue is since most houses wel.. outlets where you get mains from are not uniform meaning the lines are sometimes reversed on the outlet... does it matter which is NUET and which is HOT since its AC?

So triacs are normally off. And since at the Zero point it turns off again (if on) we should turn it on a certain amount of time before the zero time ... like a auto PWM correct?

So if its off as normal and a Zero Point is sensed then i delay a short while before turning the gate OPEN then it will close again on zero point then i can repeat with different delay times to achieve different brightness levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back