Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Triac

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgeliving

Hello!

Anybody heard of that a Triac could "jam" so it's always open. But only does this sometimes? So if You don't give the gate any V, the triac acts like it has V anyhow, but only sometimes!?

Thanks for help.

Yes, when coming spikes from AC line, the triac can firing for a half period randomly. This thing depend from dU/dT ratio. The RC or MOV sometimes help (parallel with MT1 and MT2).

Ok!

The triac commands a motor 230 vac. A person told me that his motor was running all the time for several minutes (until he unplugged).

But i cant get the triac to do the same thing :/

Pherhaps the processor went nuts or the moc?

By the way its a Triac BT139 And MOC3081.

Do You think its safe to use the components without replacing any?

Thanks for your help.

The motor is a brush-type? If yes, it can generate continous spikes... If it is an older, good working circuit and now malfunction, possible failure of MOC or triac also.
Anyway, i use always two antiparalel SCRs for inductive loads without problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back