Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Triac Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodneyB

I am wanting to replace the relay on my board with a TRIAC to switch a 240 Volt 1 Amp solenoid valve.

Please can someone advise me of a suitable TRIAC. I will then post my circuit to confirm that its ok as its switching water and I want to make sure its 100% safe.

Many thanks

Rodney

You would be advised to use an opto-triac such as an MOC3020 to provide mains isolation for your control circuit and then use the triac in that to drive a slave power triac. You will need a snubber across the solenoid. You are presumably aware of the due safety precautions when working with 240VAC?

If safety is your concern then go for a solid state relay, do a google, they have an opto isolator and a triac inside, and you can get them in various ratings including atex safety versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back