Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TRIAC...... May be, May not be. Fan Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayne

I order this "TIC236M" but i receive this "C8836 TLC2208" from local market..
TIC236M is a High Current Triac..
I search on net but found nothing about this part no"C8836 TLC2208", It means i don't know that what is it!

C8836 TLC2208 is looking like TRIAC(TO-220 PACKAGE)..
Now the question is how to check the TRIAC??

Infact i have a circuit i found on the net.. for controling the speed of fan...

If any one have a circuit for controling the speed of Electric FAN 220Volts 5Ampere.. Plz share..

What sort of motor does this fan have?

The chances are it's an AC motor and won't work with a triac controller.

You can test it simply with a 12Vdc source, 12W light bulb and a resistor. Connect the Triac (Via main terminals) bulb and 12Vdc source in a series loop. Then connect the resistor (try 220:eek:hm:) from the gate to the main (middle one on the TO-220) terminal of the TRIAC. The bulb should light and stay lit until the current is interrupted. Reverse the polarity of the 12Vdc source and the circuit should behave the same way.
This in no way tells you if the voltage/current rating of the Triac is sufficient but is rather a simple Go/NoGo test.

Controlling the Speed of FAN

I start this thread cuz it is little different from previous...

I have a cooler..
I want to control the speed of it's FAN...
I check it, it is operating on
220V AC
5 Ampere approx. on full speed...
I have connect many dimmers(local) with it, but they all burt..(Dimmer mean Speed regulator but in local market they say them "Dimmer")..

Now i want to build a dimmer myself

I think it is simple AC motor..
I am not good with motor... I want to know how we control the speed of MOTOR..

If some one already have a circuit plz share, it is urgent...

Thanks..

hi ayne

The TEA 1007 is an equivalent type, can you source it, try digikey

But there's no need to make two flaming threads!

Please don't make duplicate posts, they're very annoying and don't help you or us to help you. Creating duplicate threads does not increase your chance of a useful response, it only reduces it as people get confused and can't always see what others have suggest in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back