Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TRIAC cross reference needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiTech

anyone have a cross for a Q4003LT in a T0-220 pkg. ?

I have located somewhat similar ones but they cross ref. quite differently, even with a suffix letter change. I believe the original part to be a TRIAC of around 8amps and 400 volts. The original part has no mfgr. name on it, making it even harder to identify the pin outs and if the tab is isolated or not.
Thanks in advance to those who can help me. And to those who can't, well, may your camel pee in your tent and run off with your wives.

ECG5638 isolated tab 400volt 8amp TO220

It's a Teccor "quadrac", AKA a triac with a built-in Diac. Teccor is now part of Littlefuse.

It is 400 V, 3 Amp, isotab. Teccor I always liked, they decided right from the beginning that their part numbers would represent the characteristics of the device.

Here is the PDF catalog:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/10/E3Quadrac.pdf

BTW it is quite possible that you have a 4008, an eight amp device, with a faded 8 not a 3.

I suspected Teccor since I just found a very close match to it under that mfgr's name priot to reading your reply. I didn't have time to further investigate it tho. And I believe you are right on the smudged 8 looking like a 3 instead. Great that it has the DIAC in it! It's to replace a defective one in a variable output AC/DC power supply that was tossed out by a lazy technician that likely failed to see the value in simply fixing the supply. It provides 0-35vdc @ 0-3amps and 0-120vac @ 6 amps.

I checked out the Teccor website and it's not listed, even under their obsolete items. This kind of crap pisses me off when I cross ref a component and every combination close to it is listed, but the one in my hand!!:mad: And that ECG # isn't fool proof since the LT suffix can end up being a very different part equating to pin out diffs, and ratings. I guess I'm going to have to be a Nigel and trace out that part of the circuit, take a few measurements, and come up with a suitable substitute. Now, if I only had a chalkboard and some chalk!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back