Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transmitting audio through a cordless phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiden1015

i have a cordless phone that i would like to use and play music through useing my ipod. how can i insert the audio into the phone? i know that i cannot take a stereo jack and solder leads from that to the terminials of where the microphone is on the phone because the microphone works by changing the resistance.

i also know the circuits that will allow you to put people on hold and play music while they wait but that is attached to the phone line, not the phone. what i would like to do is insert the audio signal into the cordless phone not the base. i'd prefer not to attach a small speaker infront of the microphone as well.

can anyone help?

Modern cordless phones use an electret microphone. It can be switched out and your MP3 player can have its output attenuated and connected instead. You might need to use an audio transformer to avoid hum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back