Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transmitters for external camera flash... help with design!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MytyMyky

hi. I've been thinking of building an RF transmitter to trigger my external camera flashes. This would help alot in getting better lighting schemes in my pictures. Anyway, pro systems are too expensive for me right now, and therefore i would like to build my own set. Besides it'll be alot more entertaining.... :)

I've been looking for some cuicuits and I've found some interesing options, namely the TWS 434 and Ming 99 transmitter/receiver modules. Their addressable and suport various data channels... and their cheap!

1 -Has anyone worked with these chips before? They look like great options, but I would like to know if their suficiently reliable.
2- HAs anyone ever made a trnasmitter of this type, i mean, for camera flashes?
3- Anyone have info on the trigger contacts from most nikon and cannon cameras? I've got a Nikon N65.. and I know that the center contact is for triggering (duh!) but what signals are present on the other contacts?

I'm not really worried about TTL at this moment, but knowing how the camera comunicates to the flash for this info would be great for future builds....

This is something I hope to be able to put together, and if anyone out there is interested in sharing info or trying to build something simuluer, sharing info would be great!

Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back