Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmitter receiver help for a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

HudzonHawk

Okay, I know very little about this area so I need as much help as possible.

Basically, here's what I'm trying to do (it's for a wearcopm idea of mine):

We have Device A, which has a button and two valves (okay, it'll have more than that, but this is just a basic prototype so I will understand the theory).
When you press the button, the device sends the value of the two valves, wirelessly, to Device B.

When Device B receives the values, it will send a current to an electrode. The strength of the current and how long it will last will be decided by the values of the two valves.

Both devices are for a wearcomp so they have to be light and wearable by people.

Also, most of the time Device B will be out of line of sight from device A (ie covered by clothes).

Finally, a future implementation of the project will have more than one Device B, but the exact number is unknown and will be constantly changing. Is there a way by which I will be able to send the signal to only *one* Device B without affecting the others?

Any ideas or suggestions on how this can be implemented?
I'm sorry to be asking this much help while I have barely started on it myself, but I'm short on staff and time and there's a whole bunch of other areas that require my attention so I'm desperate here.

Last edited:
What's the purpose of this device?

What do you mean by valves?

The sort used in radios 50 years ago? These are long gone obsolete, we use transistors, op-amps and microcontrollers these days.

To send data from device A to device B so that Device B can perform preprogrammed actions based on the data that it receives.
Basically Device A is a remote control for Device B.

Valve, hm, I thought that was the right word for it. I suppose it could be done with a micro controller instead, though.

It appears that you don't have enough experiance to design and make something like this.

The easyest way of doing this would be to use a TV remote control system which uses infrared light to transmit different codes to another device.

Yes, unfortunately I lack the experience at the moment.

I did think about a TV remote and I might go with that, but what about the line of sight problem?

You didn't say that would be a problem.

You could use ultrasound I suppose.

The easiest way of doing it would be to use a modle car radio controller.

Hmm, yes, I think I could work with that until I get the skills to use a microcontroller.

Thanks for the help :)

What's the average distance that a signal can reach on car radio controllers?

I don't know, look at the specification on the controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back