Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmitter Compatible With PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

EN0

Hey Everyone,

I'm working on a project that involves extremely low power consumption. In the design, I am using a PIC to activate a transmitter (powered via a solar panel and rechargeable battery) that will then send a data code to a receiver and to another PIC. This in turn, will display the message I want on a LCD. I was wondering what people have done in the past to achieve something like this and especially what transmitter you used? The maximum distance would probably be 75', and it has to go through a wall. I know there are several FM transmitters out there, and they have been suggested to me, but they use voice modulation instead of data. So, I'm unsure of how to go about this with a PIC.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Austin

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

I'm working on a project that involves extremely low power consumption. In the design, I am using a PIC to activate a transmitter (powered via a solar panel and rechargeable battery) that will then send a data code to a receiver and to another PIC. This in turn, will display the message I want on a LCD. I was wondering what people have done in the past to achieve something like this and especially what transmitter you used? The maximum distance would probably be 75', and it has to go through a wall. I know there are several FM transmitters out there, and they have been suggested to me, but they use voice modulation instead of data. So, I'm unsure of how to go about this with a PIC.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Austin

"extremely low power consumption" and "The maximum distance would probably be 75', and it has to go through a wall" are mutually exclusive, unless the TX can have a very low duty cycle.

I have used some of **broken link removed**

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions everyone!

Yes, I suppose I exaggerated that "extremely low power" statement, it doesn't have to be that extreme, but relatively low power.

Thanks for the links, I'll look into that.

BTW, I'm going to be using the BASIC stamp for my first prototype, then I'll use a PIC.

Thanks,

Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back