Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transmitter and receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixman

Hi

HAS ANYONE TRIED TO USE TWO TRANSMITTERS SENDING INFO TO ONE RECEIVER.
I USED NIGEL'S TUTORIAL FOR THE BASIC CODE.

I WILL BE BUILDING A ALARM CIRCUIT THAT WILL USE 4 TRANSMITTERS TO ONE RECEIVER. THE SENSORS ARE 100-200 METERS FROM THE RECEIVER UNIT AND CABLES ARE NOT AN OPTION.

I WOULD HATE TO BUY THE TRANSMITTERS AND IT WON'T WORK.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Thank nigel
now i can go buy the extra transmitters.
Thanks for the tutorials. It has helped me learn alot about pic's and programming them.

David

I've had about six units sending temperature data back to one receiver about every five minutes. It's extremely rare to get a clash in data logging as each transmission takes a very short amount of time. I used 12F675's for transmitters and receiver. The receiver sent the data as received back to a PC via RS232.

David :)

i set up the transmitters and one receiver and tested them using a wire form the rx porta,7 to the tx porta,6 one the other unit. All worked fine.
I then put the transmitters and recievers into the circuits and tested each transmitter. all worked fine.
i then put a transitor on porta,4 to switch the transmitter on only when data was to tranmitted.and a led to show when a signal was being sent. the transmitter sends the receiver gives an output to the receiver. but no data is received.
after a couple of hours of cursing i moved the le and transitor to portb and all worked fine. can anyone tell me why this could have happened. to check what had happened i put everything back on port a and nothing worked. so i will have to use portb for all my inputs and outputs.
if i simulate it in mplab it shows it works on porta.

Isn't RA4 an open-collector output?, how did you wire a transistor to it, and what type of transistor (a PNP would be the correct type, and should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back