Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TRANSISTOR TROUBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

smack_whore

ok i basicly connected a stepup transformer to 9 v and manually varied the current by quickly connecting and disconecting it from the +V supply.this resulted in a hefty shock when u touched the contacts.
so with this in mind i made a multivibrator from an opamp and fed the output to a transistor.
the circuit worked but the shock was only a little dingle compared to the shock i got by connecting the transformer directly to +V.
the setup was this

+9V----transformer----collector base emitter----0V

i tried the same thing with a darlington pair with no more results.
where am i loosing current/voltage?

Your multi vibrator ( what are you using?) is running too fast . To get the kind of output you want you must saturate the core of the transformer so the when the field collapses the full potential is released. The other possibility is that theres not enough current flowing thru the driver transistor to the primary side.

I DONT KNOW

my multi vibrator is running quite fast.it makes an led flash so fast u cant tell its flashing....ill try using a variable resistor/capacitor n see what happens..
but what can i do if its just a lack of current?should i use a different transistor?
time to experiment n thanks for ur help :lol:

No I think my first guess was on the mark . Every time the voltage is taking from the input side the field colapses....Therefor the time for saturation is longer then the periodicity of your MV.

thanks dude

you were right man.i slowed things down n now its more shocking.thanks for the tip on transformers.ill have much fun shocking my self tonight.

If you like to be shocked you sod be in ma place wean i toced and transformer from an old tube radio(It was plugd in).Then i rather left it in pece.That stupid thing!!! (Why didnt god made our skin more resistant?) :evil:

the only fun i had whith shocking was wen me and my freind thurnd us and an slide to a static generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back