Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transistor switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

plexer

Hi, I'm trying to control an NPN and a PNP transistor (2222A and 2907A respecitvely) at the same time so that when one is on, the other is off.
They are both connected to a 12V circuit.

As such I (hope) that delivering 12V will switch the PNP off and the NPN on, and that delivering 0V will turn the PNP on and the NPN off.

However, I need to control this arangement with a 5V TTL logic circuit.

Thus my dilemma is to create a (transistor. I considered relays but they are too big physically) circuit that will deliver 12V if given a 5V (high) TTL signal and 0V if given a 0V (low) TTL signal. Alternately, giving 12V when low and 0V when high would also be great.

Someone suggested using a 4427 Mosfet-Driver chip, which seems to be a fantastic idea, except that they're almost impossible to come by in Australia without paying 4 times their worth in shipping. So if anyone could help me create this circuit I would be forever indebted.

Thankyou
- Plex

The problem with this circuit is that there is a current spike thru the two output transistors at the switching time, but the transistors will survive that.

Attachments

• switch_176.jpg
    switch_176.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 487
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back