Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

Am building a circuit that has a 4030 low output to control a relay.
Had it working on breadboard but now transistor won't switch on (PNP)
I have no resistorson base, 12v connected to emitter
planning a revamp using just relay but need to turn on a 24v dc solenoid with a FET transistor??
circuit has 3 yellow lights that I will tie in diodes to the ground return to OR the 3 lights, then connect to relay.
Relay controls a red light that comes on if a yellow light is still on.
this is a starting tree.
any ideas on why the transistors quit working.
On low from the 4030 I read 2.8v on high it reads 11.8v.

With +12V on the emitter of a PNP transistor, its base voltage should not go lower than about +11V. yours goes down to only +2.8V so the base-emitter junction is broken.

The CD4030 can produce an output current of only about 20mA with a 12V supply. Enough current to kill the CD4030, not the transistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back