Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor switch. Push to turn on load, break current flow to turn off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonTHK

Hello best forum ever

I want to have a transistor turn on a relay. Sure I can do that, but I was hoping that I could use a momentary pushbutton to open up for current through the transistor. And then using another momentary pushbutton to shut it off.

Anyone have good ideas? :)

Edit: I do not want to use only 1 button. I have a start button and a shut off button, and I want to add the relay as a safety precaution on a high voltage circuit. I want to use it before my Uc which control a kontaktor (400v), to be even more sure that any kind of shortcircuit inside the Uc wont suddenly turn on the kontaktor.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
hi Simon,
A low power SCR would be one solution, rather than a transistor.

hi,
Yes, the circuit would be like your example.

Ensure that the OFF push switch is able to carry the load/SCR current.

E

Latching relay

Why not just use a relay and two pushbuttons?

Attachments

• Latch.jpg
    Latch.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 160
Why not just use a relay and two pushbuttons?

You are right and I did also come up with that myself after this thread :) though I might build the circuit otherwise and dont need to draw high current, and then a thyristor is prob the way to go.
Anywho 2 good solutions. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back