Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor Substitute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Rampolla

Hi Folks,

I want to make a simple circuit that uses a 2SC2002 NPN transistor
and want to substitute a TIP31C. Will this be a good choice? (Because I am new here, I can't post the schematic. The circuit is just for a 12 VDC relay that is switched "on" by the transistor.)

Thanks!

Take care, Joe.

Hi Folks,

I want to make a simple circuit that uses a 2SC2002 NPN transistor
and want to substitute a TIP31C. Will this be a good choice? (Because I am new here, I can't post the schematic. The circuit is just for a 12 VDC relay that is switched "on" by the transistor.)

Thanks!

Take care, Joe.

hi Joe,
Its a bit overated in current , but it should work in a relay circuit.

Last edited:
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the quick reply! I looked at the specs for the 2SC2002 and compared it to what I could get from "All Electronics." I don't mind having components that are heavier. Perhaps I am wrong, but I figure they are more robust. Once I get the circuit working for my needs, I will post again here.
Thanks again!
Take care, Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back