Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transistor selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioniC187

Hi all,

Need a bit of help from those with lots of experience with transistors.

Firstly, this is what I am doing:
I want to measure the duty cycle of my cars fuel injector system.

So I am wondering what would be best - A PNP or a p type fet?

Suggest some model numbers for the job :)

I have a bc327 set up at the moment. I also have a diode running from the base to ground. I am a bit paranoid - considering the transistor could breakdown, and then pull the injector to ground all the time - It has happened to me before

Why do you need a transistor to "measure the duty cycle of my cars fuel injector system"?

A circuit would help explain what you are trying to do...

A cars fuel injector is like the coil of a relay connected with an npn transistor.

12V gets put on one end of the fuel injector, and the other gets pulled to ground.

I need to sample the pull to ground leg to measure the duty cycle.

I also need to make the sample a 5V signal.

I prefer to use a transistor instead of a voltage divider to get it to a 5V signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back