Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedail

we know the NPN transistor cut the wave from down when Vb<=VE+0.6

suppose the signal input is 5VPP
when i mesaure it by oscilscope by DC the range from 0 to 4.v
but by AC Measure is -1.2 to 3.2

When you measure with a DC connection you are measuring the actual waveform voltage values to common.

When you measure with an AC connection you are placing a capacitor in series with the measurement which blocks the DC in the waveform. This means that the average voltage must equal zero. The voltage will thus shift to make the average zero. The amount of shift depends upon the waveform shape and duty cycle.

The AC measurement mode is typically used when you want to look at a small AC signal that is riding on a large DC component.

i am still not understand for this osciliscope states

also i have question about transistor why it is noy cut the negative signal of we add dc signal

Because the DC 'lifts' the AC signal so that while it still varys it may not vary down bellow the cutoff point of the transistor.

AC measurements use a capacitor inline with the signal, assuming the waveform is symmetric it will appear to average 0 volts. When you measure it via DC you'll see any DC signals as well so the whole thing will be lifted up (or down)

assuming the waveform is symmetric it will appear to average 0 volts ?? why ?

hi,
Do you have a circuit diagram to post , showing where you are measuring the waveforms.?

fedail I mean it will be centered around 0 volts, even if it has a DC component. This is what AC coupling means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back