Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeepa

Hello all

If a tansistor shows a very low value for hfe on the mumtimeter than specified in the datasheet,is it true that the transistor has gone bad?
Like 11-12 instead of 125?

Thanks

haaa haa aaha, and i thought i was the only one :lol: !!

my transistors would show an hfe of 20, when they should be 200. it did this with every single transistor i tried (about 5 or 6). i dont know if my multimeter is broke, or what, but the circuit worked. i wouldnt worry about it.

I think if it measures anything it is probably OK. The specification might be at 1 amp but the meter measures it at 1 ma, so the hfe is low. I measured a 2N930 at 295 and a 2N3904 at 98 but these are low level transistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back