Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor Question !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

Hi all I have a small problem !!

I have a NPN transistor.I'm turning ON this transistor by feeding logic 1 from a CMOS IC to the base.Now the transistor is ON.

Now I'm making that IC output to a high impedance state.Now what will be state of the transistor it it ON or OFF?

Thanks

Since it takes current injected into the base-emitter junction of an NPN to turn it on, and while the CMOS is in the high-Z state it can neither source, nor sink current, then the NPN will be off.

I have a question in this. I connect the emitter to 5V. The collector is connected to 5V via a 1K ohm. I connect the load to the collector. I give voltage to the base via microcontroller. Now what will happen????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back