Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

curry87

If i have a transistor fully turned on vbe 0.8,vce 0.02 etc how would i calculate the maximum load i could put on a .350w transistor between the v+ of 5v and the collector please provide a example ?

Last edited:
If the transistor is fully turned on, then the power dissipated is Vce sat times the collector current. Note that Vce sat increases with collector current so you must take that into account.

The rest of the power is dissipated in the collector load, which would be the collector current times the voltage drop across the load (V+ minus Vce sat).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back