Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

olly_whinnett

I have two transistors: TIP31C and BU406.

I think one of the cases is a T0220 style, but I'm still not sure which pins are which on both of these transistors. Can anyone enlighten me?

You need to consult the datasheet. In the old days, a datasheet was bound into a printed book that was given to people who might use a manufacturers products in a new design. Now, through the magic of the internet, you can get almaost any datasheet you want by googling the part number. Most manufacturers post their datasheets in Adobe .pdf format so you can refine your search even further.

Good Luck

I have the datasheet but it doesn't seem to say which of the three pins is the base, emmittor and collector - it calls them something else. It calls the pins Tr or Th (or something like that i.e. not base, emmittor and collector!).

OK, well I know from long experience that pin 2 is in the middle and I guess that means pin 3 is on the right hand side of the package.

Also note that pin 2 and the tab(collector) are the same.

:twisted: there many clown around i guess well no matter what you got looking at you if you think that is a device can can found out about it some of it. you need a VOM voltohmeter. for $5 on the resistance scale you can find out if that is an PNP,NPN diodes a transistor is 2 diodes anthow. but it could be FET and many other devices but an VOM will tell you more then some of these people can. take care

neon said:
:twisted: there many clown around i guess well no matter what you got looking at you if you think that is a device can can found out about it some of it. you need a VOM voltohmeter. for $5 on the resistance scale you can find out if that is an PNP,NPN diodes a transistor is 2 diodes anthow. but it could be FET and many other devices but an VOM will tell you more then some of these people can. take care

OMG!!! Step aside mistakeca, we have a new star in the entertainment category. Neon, what planet are you from???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back