Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transistor pin assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture shows you exactly which pin is which.

i'm sorry smanches but what picture?

hi,
This one from the datasheet,

Pins pointing towards you, flat to your left,:)

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    11.3 KB · Views: 1,323
The pic is on the datasheet. Your attachment is for a spec sheet, but you can click on the bluehighlighted data sheet.

Yes, look at the actual datasheet, not just that web page.

oh guys i'm very sorry spec sheet lol.

thank you i see it now.

belated merry Christmas happy new year to you guys.

ty for the pic eric

thanks and smanches and allvol.

i knew it my transistor was soldered backwards

A picture says more than 1,000 words.

Boncuk

Attachments

• TRANISTOR.gif
    TRANISTOR.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 705
Looking at the flat side with the pins pointing down:
Most European transistors are C B E like this one.
Most American transistors are E B C.
Oriental transistors are both ways.

thanks guys boncuk, audioguru, rest of the guys that helped out.

this is actually my nephew's project, a 7-transistor am radio.

i figured the E and C of the transistors might be backwards because the datasheet have shown they were (should be EBC [flat suface facing you as Eric's and boncuk's picture have shown]), but it got even worse i cannot even hear sound coming out from the speaker when i switched them, at least before i changed the pins (CBE) i could hear small static sound, but that's just it no radio station could be picked up just static sound. i turned the tuner back and forth and the 123 of the IF in desperation i really think i have damaged them beyond repair. one of the transistor also in CBE position got very very hot and the supply voltage was just 6v. i thought this was easy since the pcb had labels and stuff now it's driving me nuts lols.

i have no way of knowing whether they're american of european made (our stores here are not very helpful).

i need to sleep this off. tomorrow i'll work on it first thing in the morning.

the schematic is too complicated to draw by hand but i think i can take picture of the pcb.

good night.

ok thanks audioguru i'll put back the transistors in their original position CBE

You should better use a new set of transistors. If you soldered them in wrongly they have most probably died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back