Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor Package? Smaller than SOT23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred.Amoson

I'm doing some debugging on a circuit board. I've determined that it has a bad transistor, a 3 terminal PNP transistor. The package is in the shape of the SOT23 package, but is about half the size. Does anyone know what package this would be?

The only markings on the transistor are "GA" if that helps.

Thanks!

It is probably an SC-70 package. Without some clue as to the manufacturer you have almost no hope of figuring out what part it is.

Papabravo said:
It is probably an SC-70 package. Without some clue as to the manufacturer you have almost no hope of figuring out what part it is.
Some times when we face a problem witha device and have to service our own equipmet-- we can perhaps never know the maufacturer or even if the device is a transistor or FET (if transistor whether pnp or npn)

I have an issue with a popular brand camera- Fujifilm Axia AX100

It has a 8 pin ssop with code S06A - hopefully a dc-dc converter with 2 clls input and to derive boltages required for camera electronics. I could not decode and get anequvalent till date for the last one year. Neither the local sevice available fot it. I had to scrap the camera for just this IC.

So i feel to be able to know which company an SMD belongs , perhaps highly impracticable.

Well, I would find the person who designed the circuit so I could

a) ask him what the part was and
b) beat his ass for using something that small :)

speakerguy79 said:
Well, I would find the person who designed the circuit so I could

a) ask him what the part was and
b) beat his ass for using something that small :)
Yeah!...Lotta good that'll do since they don't make parts for human convenience in handling anymore. Ever try to desolder a 256 contact BGA? I guess 0402 resistors would give you a heart attack, and the SC-70 is not even the smallest package that a transistor comes in.

Did you guys not see the smiley? :) I've never done 0402s but have used 0603s, TSSOPs, and SOT-23s with some regularity. Erem tweezers and a magnifying glass make it so much easier (but not necessarily easy).

mvs sarma said:
I have an issue with a popular brand camera- Fujifilm Axia AX100 It has a 8 pin ssop with code S06A .

Take a look here
**broken link removed**

Gordz said:
Take a look here
**broken link removed**
Thank you very much- for the great info Gordz.

At last, i got info after a prolonged search, only with your help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back